In recent months, and following the success of the conference on June 30th, and the follow-up meeting in Greece in August, much has transpired. The University of Aegean has released this News Release for August 2019 summarising the achievements and progress of this cooperation so far. It is in Greek and you can download it here below.
I’ve translated the main point of achievement which are:
- Greek Doctoral Researcher Alexander Westra jointly supervised by Henan University and the University of the Aegean
- Chinese Doctoral Students exchange study in Rhodes for 1 year
- 1st International Conference in Kaifeng with subjects the Environment and Culture
- Founded two Research Centres in both Universities: The Research Center for Hellenic Civilisation at Henan University, and the Research Center for Yellow River Civilisation at the University of the Aegean
- Yearly lectures by Greek Professor at Henan University
- Establishment of the Sino-Hellenic Academic Project whose activities are housed here at huaxiahellas.com
- Further cooperation between the Chinese Academy of Sciences of China’s Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Beijing.
As well ongoing research projects and programmes, educational programmes and exchanges, and much more being undertaken at the moment.
The post with the press release has been published in the two following newspapers.