Call for Submissions - Deadline February 15, 2020
To promote mutual interest in cultural and environmental issues on a global scale, the University of the Aegean, Greece and Henan University, China as part of an MOU agreement since 2016, are announcing the SECOND jointly organised conference on issues of Environment & Culture.
The Sino-Hellenic International Conference is a series of international conferences hosted in Kaifeng and Rhodes alternatively. On 30th June 2018, the 1st Conference was held in Kaifeng, Henan University, to inaugurate the newly established Research Centre for Hellenic Civilisation. The 1st Sino-Hellenic International Conference in Kaifeng was organized by the Collaborative Innovation Center on Yellow River Civilization & Key Research Institute of Yellow River Civilization and Sustainable Development, and the University of the Aegean (Prof. Ioannis Liritzis).
The 2nd Sino-Hellenic International Conference on Environment & Culture
The 2nd SHIC on Environment & Culture will take place in Rhodes, Greece in October 2020. The conference welcomes contribution on any topics related to the environment and cultures globally.
Proposed themes can be a trade networks across Eurasia, comparative research, including periods from prehistory to the 15th century AD. Mainly we welcome experts on cultures from all over the world.
We welcome abstracts from a broad range of subjects. Prospective participants may submit proposals related to any of these themes or other ones too. For any questions please fill out the below.
Archaeology & Archaeometry
Archaeological science – Archaeometry
Silk road: Operational Sequences of artefacts & Diffusion of ideas
Cultural Geography & Geosciences
Sacred landsapes & religious aspects
Predictive Modelling of archaeological sites
New technologies & Sustainability
Cultural Management, Innovation Technologies, Sustainability
Society & Environment
Environmental-Cultural reports from ancient European and Asian literary sources
* It is planned to publish the best presentations as a book indexed in SCOPUS
Organised jointly by:
Research Center for Hellenic Civilization; Collaborative Innovation Center for Yellow River Civilization; Key Institute for Yellow River Civilization & Sustainable Development; School of Environment & Planning; International Research Center for Ancient Civilizations
Conference Fees (provisional, subject to change): 300 Euros, includes: conference material, abstract book, accommodation and meals, welcome buffet, museum entrance, local transport in Rhodes.
Travelling to Rhodes: a) Through Charter flights, b) From Athens regular flights to Rhodes (make early reservation).
Rhodes Airport to the City Centre: By local bus, taxi. At a predetermined time a shuttle bus can arranged by the Conference Organizers to take participants straight to the Hotel.
Conference Hall: In the University or Hotel Conference Center (TBA).
- Prof. Efstratiou, Nikolas (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Dept. of History & Archaeology, Greece)
- Prof. Frantzi, Katerina (Head of Dept. Mediterranean Studies, Uni. of Aegean, Greece)
- Prof. Hatzopoulos, John (Emeritus Prof. Dept. of Environment, Uni. of Aegean, Greece)
- Prof. Hou Weidong (Henan University, College of History & Archaeology)
- Prof. Iliopoulos, Ioannis (Uni. of Patras, Dept. of Geology, Greece)
- Prof. Kidder, Tristam R. (Anthropology and Environmental Studies, Washington University in St. Louis, USA)
- Prof. Korka, Eleni (Honorary Ephor of Dept. of Antiquities, Ministry of Culture, Greece, Director of Blue Shield UNESCO Branch, Greece)
- Prof. Kidder, Tristam (Washington University)
- Dr. Cai Shuhui (IGG-CAS)
- Prof. Liritzis, Ioannis (Archaeometry, co-Coordinator of SHAP)
- Prof. Miao Changhong (Henan University, School of Enviromnent & Planning)
- Prof. Papatheodorou, George (Uni. of Patras, Dept. of Geology, Greece)
- Prof. Vitsilaki, Chryssi (Rector, University of the Aegean, Greece)
- Dr. Sakellariou, Demitris (National Center for Marine Research, Athens, Marine Geologist)
- Prof. Stefanakis, Manolis (Archaeology)
- Prof. Sofia Voutsaki (Associate Professor of Greek Prehistory and Theoretical Archaeology (University of Groningen)
- Prof. Tsokas, Gregory (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Dept. of Geology, Greece)
- Prof. Wang Wei (CASS, Henan University, Archaeology)
- Prof. Wei Jiyin (Henan University, College of History & Archaeology)
- Prof. Zacharias, Nikolaos (Uni. of Peloponnese, Dept. of History, Archaeology & Management of Cultural Resouces, Greece)
- Prof. Zerefos, Christos (Academy of Athens, Academician)
- Prof. Zhang Lidong (Henan University, College. of History & Archaeology)
- Prof. Ioannis Liritzis (Archaeometry, co-Coordinator of SHAP)
- Prof. Katerina Frantzi (Head of DMS)
- Prof. Manolis Stefanakis (Archaeology)
- Dr. Pantelis Volonakis (IT in Cultural Heritage)
- Dr. Asimina Vafiadou (Archaeometry)
- Maria Bratitsi (email@example.com [local issues]
For more information:
- Prof. Ioannis Liritzis, (firstname.lastname@example.org) [coordinator]
- Dr. Asimina Vafiadou (email@example.com) [administrative matters]
- Dr. Pantelis Volonakis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maria Bratitsi (email@example.com) [Local issues]
- Alexander Westra (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Chinese issues + web]
If you are interested in our event, please feel free to ask inquire about it, or state your intention to participate. Please fill in the form below: